Monday, December 10, 2007

The story Behind the Image - Couples

My "couples" image is one included in the previous post for the calendars.  This is the image I get the most comments about.  It was completely a serendipity moment. Again I was wondering Venice, and I came across the older couple walking quite a ways off.   Instantly I thought they were perfect.  I love the fact that he seems to be helping her along.  (Did you see her walking with a cane?)  I wondered what they had been doing...perhaps shopping in the market nearby or maybe he was playing bocci ball.  Anyway,  I was walking very quickly to catch up with them. I had the camera up to my face focusing away, when I heard the footsteps of the other couple passing along side of me.   Without really getting a good look at them I swung the lens to wide angle and snapped the shutter. I was thrilled  when the film came back and I saw the image.  Some of my friends say it reminds them of the "a diamond is forever" commercial.  

Anyway it's a fun little image.  I've made several cards from it. It's great for anniversaries.


happily,
-crys

No comments: