Monday, July 16, 2012

dragonflies

dragonfly

Dragonflies are something I maybe see once a year. I've always considered myself lucky to spy one.   But this year seems to be different.  They seem to be everywhere.  I've seen several, nearly everyday, in different places, at home, at work. They even followed me on vacation.  (That's when I snapped this photo.) It's been curious thing.

Today, I decide to do a little research on these pretty insects, to learn more about their symbolism.   Perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something.

Here is what I found.
The meaning of a dragonfly changes with each culture. The main symbolisms of the dragonfly are renewal, positive force and the power of life in general. Dragonflies can also be a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity. Also, as a creature of the wind, the dragonfly frequently represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest with the short time it has - which is a lesson for all of us.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Meaning_of_dragonfly_symbol#ixzz20qVq6IYw

Terribly interesting, and very timely for me.   Makes you go "hmmmmmmmm."

No comments: