Thursday, February 26, 2009

my little helper

Two weeks ago my dad came down from Ohio so we could start repairing the damage from my unfortunate burst water pipe back in December.  Since three seperate rooms were affected, the repairs are being done in shifts.  We decided to start in the basement where carpet had already been removed and the ceiling was scheduled to be replaced.   We decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give the room a fresh coat of paint before the new carpet went in and while everything else had been removed.  Dad and I quickly covered the walls in paint and I had enough to paint the stairwell too. BONUS! 

The next day I came home from work to a brand new drop ceiling.  The room now has a new sense of lightness and brightness.  Dad took me around and showed me many of his finishing touches like a new light at the bottom of the stairs, painting the stair handrail, and giving the exposed ductwork and support pole a fresh coat of paint too.   

Bianka acted as if she were the construction suprivisor, going around and sniffing all the areas where the work had been done.  As she completed her survey of the site, she turned to head up the stairs, and something caught my eye. I turned to Dad and said "I see you had help with the painting."  



She always did enjoy painting.  See the post titled Another Bianka Story.

In the mean time her new nickname is White Ear.

No comments: