Friday, November 14, 2008

Double Bonus

About six or seven years ago I was commissioned to make a minister's stole using my salt-dyed silks for a lovely lady named Kayt Ward. At the time I didn't get the chance to meet her as I was in Kentucky and she was in Ohio, but I heard she was thrilled with the end product. I kicked my self repeatedly for not getting a photo of stole before I shipped it off to her.

As fate would have it our paths crossed again this past spring. Kayt called Village Artisans trying to track down the artist that made her stole. Luckily, I was working the shop that day. She explained that she needed another stole for the officiant at her daughter's wedding in the summer. Even after moving to a new house and a couple of studio purging incidents, I managed to dig up my pattern and even some pieces of silk that I used on the first one.

This time Kayt and I arranged a time to meet to pick up the stole. What a delightful lady! We immediately hit it off and ended up chatting for over an hour in the shop. She's been to Italy several times and we shared stories of amazing experiences each of had there. After our meeting I emailed Kayt and asked her if she could send me a picture of both my stoles being used at her daughter's wedding. She happily agreed.

So a month or so later, as my cousin was trying to tie up loose ends for the wedding, he said the person that was presiding over the ceremony had to back out. "I just may be able to help you out with that." I contacted Kayt and she happily agreed to do the ceremony. She even posed for this picture, so I might be able to document my artwork. So, it was kind of neat that I was able to contribute my artwork in two different ways. A double bonus!


A big thank you to Kayt in so many ways!

I've finally finished editing Rob and Kelly's wedding photos.
To see more of photos click here.

No comments: