Saturday, November 8, 2008

Seasonal Changes

I've been a bad blogger this week. I try to post something at least once a week, however sometimes life just gets in the way. One would think that a 5 day break from work would give me plenty of time recharge, but actually I think I'm more drained than when this all began. My 5 days off consisted of 4 in Ohio and 1 catching up on all the things at home. As for the rest of my week, I quickly found myself with something going on every night .
It is when life gets to this pace that I experience Einstein's Theory of Relativity. In my space-time continuum, it is the end of September, but when I watch the Weather Channel every the morning, they are quick to point out that it is all ready November. Somehow I feel like I missed October. How does this happen? Why can't I keep up?
November means the end for me in so many things. The end of leaves on trees. The end of my garden (although mine petered out much earlier this year.) The end of time to get those outdoor projects done. I'm afraid many will be remain unfinished this year.  

November has an impact on Bianka. It means the end of snake-season.  She's had a good run this year.  I neglected to post the latest standings.   She caught snake number 9 in early October, although it was hardly worth mentioning.  It was a tiny, garter snake not much bigger than an earthworm.  Truthfully, I think she was disappointed with the catch.  It gave me hopes that perhaps she's had an impact on the garter snake population in my yard, that is until she got snake number 10. 
Snake number 10 gave us insight to the much asked question, "What does she do with the snakes after she catches them?"  

Mystery solved. She plays with them until she's done and then she's ready to come inside....






....and rest.

Final Standing for the season Bianka 10 snakes 1

Now I'm off to try to soak in the last glimpses of Fall, and take care of a couple of those remaining projects.  And who knows, Bianka still might come across a no-legged friend.

No comments: