Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bianka Update

Great News. Bianka is home!!!!


The surgery was a success!

I can't say enough nice things about the Ohio State Veterinary Hospital. Bianka received excellent care. I looked up her surgeon on-line, he had a BS from Yale, MBA from MIT and DMV from Cornell. After reading that, I knew she was in good hands.

The doctors called me right after the surgery to tell me Bianka came through it well, which reassured me that I had made the right decision. Then twice a day I received a phone call, from Bianka's care taker with updates on how she was doing. Monday evening they told me that my Little Dog could come home on Tuesday. YAY!!!!! It turns out that Jessica, the care taker, has worked for the vet where my parent's take their dog. She recognized my mom. (Okay everybody, now it's time to sing "It's a small world after all.") Oh yeah, my mom, being the awesome mom that she is, drove up to Columbus and then turned around and drove 3 hours South to bring Binx home. Thanks Mom.

Bianka even got a souvenir from OSU


...well aside from the 5 inch incision.

Now all that is left is rest, recuperation, and rehabilitation, but every day I can see she's getting a little stronger. Seeing her wag her tail when as I took her out of the car was one of the best things ever. Now she can stand on her back legs and even take a few wobbly steps. Tonight I had to giggle as I watched her try to scratch her ear. Poor thing, she's not quite there yet.

But even with all of this progress, she's got a long road to recovery ahead of her.

This is when I told her that she'll need to spend the next 4 -6 weeks in her cage... and we all know how much she likes that. Oh you don't? Well here, let me refresh your memory.

(Wish us luck.)

No comments: