Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm ready for my close-up.

It should come as no surprise to you now when I say, I love my little dog.  Her face worked it's way into my heart from the moment I first saw her in a somewhat blurry photo emailed to me by my aunt at the animal shelter.   In last two (plus) years she and I have got to know each other better and I have to come to determine that we are a perfect fit. 

In the very beginning I realized that Bianka was of all things camera-shy. She'd often run away when I tried to snap her photo. I guess she's gotten used to me having a camera pressed to my face a good bit of the time, and now believe it or not, she's a ham.

At Christmas I did some impromptu  family portraits, and in the middle of all the confusion was little Miss Bianka, quietly posed at the foot of every family grouping. 

(Christmas 2008)

Then last week  a good friend of mine came to visit and she agreed to let me do some photos of her to try out some new equipment.  Guess who had to be right in the thick of things? Yes, Little Miss Binx.   She started off observing from the stairs, but eventually she found her way to the middle of the action and by the end she practically demanded some time of her own in front of the camera. 
(patiently waiting)

Eventually, I gave in. I mean how can you say "no" to this face?


She's a great little model. Don't be surprised if you see more test shots  done with her.


Like I said a  camera-loving dog, photographer owner... a perfect match.



These next three are actually the same image processed different ways.  I can't decide which one I like the best.

This one is straight out of the camera with no adjustment.


I think this one needs the  caption...Snakes Beware.


And, I'm leaning toward this one as my favorite.  It seems a little softer than the rest. I don't know. Tell me what  you think.

2 comments:

Robin said...

You're right. Photo 3 looks softer than the other two. It makes her look sweet and innocent where the other two look more like "friend to the yard, enemy to the snakes."

Elaine said...

Personally, I like the first one. It looks more High Def. to me. And we all know how much I like to see every little hair. I must say though, I am lucky to have such a beautiful Grandogger. I Love you Binx. And you too Crystal