Friday, January 29, 2010

The Sisterhood of the Ugly Pants

Sisterhood of the ugly pants

I know, I've shared this story before on Facebook and on Flickr, but it's one of my favorites. Why not share it on the blog too?

My best friend was showing me some photos from when she was a child. She's in the photo on the left with the purple coat. At the time this photo was take she was living near Akron, Ohio. I grew up near Dayton, Ohio, on the completely opposite end of the state. We didn't meet until we both went to college in Kentucky. It was not until 5 or 6 years ago that I saw this photo.
The instant I saw it I screamed, "Oh My God! Hold on!" I ran to my photo album and dug out the two photos on the right. We apparently owned the same pair of ugly pants. What are the chances?

2 comments:

eek said...

And at the time I bet you both thought they were the coolest pants EVER!!!!! :-)

Deborah Carr said...

Ha! I remember when I was about 10, I had the ugliest coat you can imagine (about the same colours as your pants, only plaid). It had a drop dead horrid tam that went with it. I showed up at school with the dreadful rag clinging to my shoulders and my cousin was sporting an identical one. We were horrified and then were too embarrassed to hang around with each other all winter.