Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still Free Range

Tuesday as I left the office I was telling a co-worker about my father and his "free range" cow.

Wednesday morning this came through on Facebook from my mom.
Well, Steve has another free range cow on the loose. This one is hanging out near the New Life Penticostle church on Trebein Rd. Although we don't have 10 inches of snow on the ground and it is not 12 degrees outside, it is still a pain in the neck trying to chase down a stupid cow. I think we need prison high fences to keep this suckers in.
When I called home to talk to Dad, he sounded tired. Chasing cattle across the county 8 weeks after a hip replacement will take it out of you. I asked how he was doing, he said "Well. I have another flyer." Interestingly this cow came from the same original herd as the the first escapee. We're thinking it was a co-conspiracy or ... a cow-conspiracy. ( I know...I couldn't resist)

I found this article yesterday and thought it might be appropriate given recent events.

The Kentucky Gazette October 24, 1789




No comments: