Tuesday, June 9, 2009

back[b]log -- Meet Patrick and Liz

You'd never know how excited I get over doing a photo shoot. I come home and almost immediately start going through the photos on the computer. (This is after I've already scrolled through the images on the back of the camera at least five or six times.) As I go through them I make mental notes to myself. "This one would be great to blog." Have you seen these sessions on my blog?....no. That's because something more pressing comes up and simply life gets in the way of blogging, and before you know it I figure what's the point because it's been weeks or sometimes months now.
I know I've said it before, but I'm going to try really hard to not let that stop me anymore. Just because these images are from a few months ago doesn't make they or the people or places in them any less special or that I don't have stories to share about them. In fact sometimes the an image will be come more meaningful with time. Therefore I'm introducing the back[b]log.

Patrick and Liz.

We did these photos back at the end of last summer. I believe it was around ninety degrees that day, and these two were troopers. We spent the warm afternoon strolling through Gratz Park, one of my favorite spots in Lexington.

Patrick Hernandez,Liz <span class=
Liz <span class=
Patrick Hernandez

At the time we did the session these two were not engaged, but my dear friend, Ashleigh (Patrick's Sister-In-Law) told me she thought a proposal would be soon. She teased me about keeping my calendar open...just in case.


Liz <span class=Liz <span class=Liz <span class=
Sure enough, he did. The couple got engaged over the holidays and I almost immediately got a phone call, asking to come share their day. (Thanks guys. You make me feel special.)

The wedding is this Friday in Huntington, WV, which is where they both live. I can't wait!

Liz <span class=
Liz <span class=
Patrick Hernandez,Liz <span class=
Patrick Hernandez,Liz <span class= More to come soon...

No comments: